Bressanone (Brixen) Cathedral, Italy, photo by John Ecker | pantheon photography
BRESSANONE CATHEDRAL, ITALY: Bressanone is also known as Brixen, its name when the town was part of Austria. It was annexed by Italy following the First World War. The Cathedral is a major feature in the town, located on a large public square. It was first built in the 10th century and rebuilt in the 13th. The current Baroque structure dates from 1745. Walking through the town, it feels more like Austria than Italy. Most people speak German and the restaurants tend to feature German fare. This photo was taken at dusk, before a huge storm that brought hail and heavy rains.
Shot using a tripod with a Nikon D3100; Nikkor 10-24mm lens at 10 mm; f7.1, 1/2 1600 ISO. Photo by John Ecker, Pantheon Photography.